What is Online Marketing and How it boosts E-Businesses
Want to know what is Online Marketing and how it can multifold your revenues?
Intrigue about different Online Marketing channels and confused in deciding which one would be right for you? -Then this blog is personalized to you.
Digging deep into this post would help you leverage Online Marketing for boosting your e-business.
Online Marketing incorporates the Art & Science of selling services and products on the web.
The art of Online Marketing revolves around finding the right Digital Marketing Strategies that suit your target market, generate leads and translate into sales
The Science of Online Marketing involves research and analysis that guide in channelizing the best Online Marketing Campaigns and measuring the success of those campaigns.
Therefore, without any further ado, let us understand what is Online Marketing via below given four Steps-
4-Steps to learn What Online Marketing is & How it works
1. What Is Online Marketing
According to top ‘What is Online Marketing Guides’, the practices of leveraging web-based channels to ensure effective online branding by spreading a message about a company’s brand, services and products to its current/target audiences are termed as Online Marketing.
- Different methods and techniques comprised of online marketing include email marketing, social media marketing, display advertising, paid to advertise, search engine optimization, affiliate marketing, growth hacking and more
- The main objective of Online Marketing Campaigns is to reach current/potential customers through web channels where they spend most of their time in different activities such as surfing, shopping, reading, socializing or searching online
The booming prevalence of Internet for business and personal use has created so many new channels for advertising and marketing on the web. Companies now have different digital means to ensure engagement with their targets. When you go to know What is Online Marketing, it is important to understand that there are many benefits and challenges inherent in such marketing campaigns.
In Online Marketing, you use digital channels for attracting, engaging and converting your virtual visitors to customers. The traditional marketing used to do same stuff via different mediums like print, television, billboard, and radio advertisements. Actually, the whole purpose of any kind of marketing is to connect, convince and convert target audiences, and if you are doing the same via Digital Channels, marketing is termed as Online Marketing.
- Measuring performance and spending plan of Online Marketing Campaigns are quite easy compared to traditional marketing channels
- If you are into E-Business, you can easily participate in Online Marketing simply by creating a website and channelizing customer acquisition campaigns
- Even offline businesses are incorporating Online Marketing Strategies by understanding What is Online Marketing and how it can help them boost their branding and optimize their revenues
2. Why your Business needs Online Marketing
Now as you are aware of What is Online Marketing, the next thing is knowing why it is important for your business. The most important advantage of using online channels for marketing a business or a product is different metrics that it offers. You can use those metrics to measure the performance of any Online Marketing Channels. You can also know how visitors come to your site through different channels, how they interact with a website or landing page and how you can target them in a manner that they will be bound to make a purchase with you.
- Most importantly, Online Marketing is conversion driven and it helps you see, analyze and improve the whole process through which the visitors convert into paying customers
- It lets you know which channels are most effective at acquiring valuable customers. When you exactly know what is Online Marketing for your business, you can use it to increasing local search and target people’s new habit of searching on the internet for your advantage
- Online Marketing is also quite effective in maintaining great Online Reputation for your business or brand, which is very important nowadays. In today’s time, when a potential customer wants to make a purpose, he or she first searches online. Therefore having positive and impressive reputation on the web would help you gain new customers
- Advantages of Online Marketing Campaigns also include their ability to offer great analytics report that helps you know which Online Marketing channels are more effective and affordable at acquiring customers, which channels are great in acquiring and driving higher lifetime value for customers and many more
We have been talking about different channels of Online Marketing since the beginning of this post, and now, in next section of this ‘What is Online Marketing Guide’; I would let you know about different types of Online Marketing-
3. Different Types of Online Marketing
Below given are some of the most important types of Online Marketing-
Search Engine Marketing (SEO + PPC)
- SEM includes Search Engine Optimization (SEO) and PPC
- SEO can be understood as the practices of earning traffic through unpaid or free listings
- PPC Advertising is buying traffic through paid search listing
- SEO lets your business website rank higher in the search listings of SERPs when your target audiences enter search terms that match your product offerings. SEO is unpaid SEM and you can use Organic and Inorganic SEO to gain traffic to your site
- PPC is paid SEM which occurs via pay-per-click means. In PPC, you channelize an Online Advertising System in which you can run your PPC Ads on search engines, and you would be required to pay a certain fee to the Ad publisher when your PPC ads get clicked
- You can use Online Advertising to run your Ads on a myriad of online channels. You can run Ads on search engines, Social media networks, a website via different online advertising platforms, etc.
- CPM or Cost Per thousand is an online advertising platform that lets you buy space on a web page and pay for a certain number of impressions or for the number of times your ad is going to be displayed
- Most of the banner ads you see on various websites run via CPM model
- CPC or cost per click is another kind of advertising in which you pay for the number of time a viewer clicks on your Ad
- Google AdWords is one of the most popular PPC Advertising platforms
- According to most of the top ‘What is Online Marketing Guides’, you need to choose specific keywords on which you want your ads to run, and when people search on Google using one of your keywords, your ad will appear for that
- Via Email Marketing, you can target potential customers who would be interested in your services or products by building a subscriber email list
- It is one of the most effective ways to communicate your message to your audiences. You can use Email Marketing for keeping your audiences up to date with company news, special offerings, upcoming events etc.
- Different types of Email Marketing suggested by ‘What is Online Marketing Guide’ is-
- Marketing Offer
- Event Invitation
Social Media Marketing
- Social Media Marketing lets you market your brand on different Social Networks
- You can use social platforms such Twitter, Facebook, LinkedIn, and Pinterest for marketing your brand online
- Social media helps you engage your audiences via conversations and it not only lets you channelize conversations about your brand but also helps you run paid Ads to ensure better branding and advertising
- You can use Facebook for your business, can create fan page on Facebook, can promote your business on Twitter, use promoted Pins on Pinterest, can run strategic campaign on Instagram, Snapchat, and other social channels
Some Honorable Mentions are
Along with aforestated types of Online Marketing, there are some other types also available and you can figure out their idiosyncrasies just through their names.
- Mobile Marketing
- Content Marketing
- Affiliate Marketing
- Growth Hacking
- Inbound Marketing
4. Online Marketing Strategies for 2018
As you are now well aware of What is Online Marketing and its different types, next thing that you need to pay heed upon is best Online Marketing Strategies for 2018 that will not only help you ensure better online branding for your business but also aid you stay ahead of your competitors.
Some of the most notable Online Marketing Strategies for 2018 are-
- The growth in mobile and Smartphone usage
- Integrating marketing activities into the customer lifecycle
- The importance of personalization
- Machine learning and marketing automation
- Integrating social messaging apps
- Customer engagement strategy
- Integrating different sources of data
- SEO and content marketing integration
- The future of AR in marketing
- Pansexual marketing
- Ramp Up Your Facebook Marketing
- Lean into Your High-Quality Content
- Create Content Pillars and Topic Clusters
- Launch a Growth-Driven Website Plan
- Increase Your Video Marketing Budgets
- Leverage Data-Driven Marketing
- Test Live Chat and Chatbots
- Utilize Storytelling to Establish a Deeper Connection
- Get Specific with Micro-Targeting